I cannot upload videos I have created for my class to Blackboard because of space and file size limitations for uploads.
You can upload the file into Google Drive and then embed the video into Blackboard.
1. Open Word or Notepad application in another window. You will need to have this open in order to hold your file location information in a later step.
2. Upload your file to your Google Drive.
3. Locate the file in Google Drive and right-click on it and select 'Open with - Google Drive Viewer.'
4. In the open file, move to the top right and click Share.
5. In the Sharing settings window, next to Private-, click Change...
6. In Sharing settings, click "Anyone with the link."
8. Go to the File menu and click "Embed Link ..."
9. In the Embed link text box, select and copy the HTML code.
10. Click OK to close the window.
11. Move to the Word or Notepad document that you opened in Step # 1 and paste the code there.
12. You can close your Drive document at this time if you wish.
Paste Link into Blackboard.
A. Go to your Blackboard Content Area.
B. Inside the Text Box editor, from any area of Blackboard, click on the HTML editor (you might have to expand your tools on the right side of the Text Editor window).
C. Paste your embed code in the HTML pop up window and click Update when done.
D. You will be back in the Blackboard editing window. Submit your changes and view your video right inside the window!
Important Note: If you have not captioned your video content, provide a transcript with it for accessibility.
Last Updated 03rd October 2013 03:40:32 pm
Submitted ByMeg Wright
Print this page
Email this page
Post a comment
Add to favorites
Edit this Article
Export to PDF
Copyright 2008 California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved. • 25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard, Hayward, CA 94542 • phone 510-885-3000