I get the following message:
Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the application and fix the problem. If you continue to use this session, you might see incorrect application behaviour when accessing security features.
Reset Firefox to its factory settings without removing profile specific information.
1) Click the Firefox button, at the top of the Firefox window
2) Go over to the Help sub-menu
3) Select Troubleshooting Information
4) Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
5) Click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. Firefox will close and be reset. When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported.
6) Click Finish and Firefox will open.
Last Updated 13th September 2013 01:44:38 pm
Print this page
Email this page
Post a comment
Add to favorites
Edit this Article
Export to PDF
Copyright 2008 California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved. • 25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard, Hayward, CA 94542 • phone 510-885-3000