How do I set up my iPhone to work with Gmail?
iPhone iPadiPod Touch
There are two ways to set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. The campus preferred method is to use the Microsoft Exchange setup.
Note: If you have been using your iPhone with an existing CSUEB Exchange mail system, you will most likely need to remove the existing account.
Remove previous CSUEB Account Setup on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch home screen, tap Settings.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap the "Account Name."
4. Tap "Delete Account."
Setting up the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
1. Make sure IMAP is enabled in Gmail: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=776952. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPodTouch home screen, tap Settings.
3. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
4. Tap Add Account...
5. Tap Microsoft Exchange.
6. Enter your account information:
7. Tap Next.
8. Type: m.google.com in the field labeled "Server."
9. Tap Next.
10. Select which options you want "ON."
Note: You may be prompted regarding existing Contacts if you turn this “ON.”
11. Tap Save.
12. Press the center home button.
13. Check your mail.
Submitted by Bill Regacho firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated 15th October 2012 12:55:50 pm
Submitted ByBill Regacho
Print this page
Email this page
Post a comment
Add to favorites
Edit this Article
Export to PDF
Copyright 2008 California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved. • 25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard, Hayward, CA 94542 • phone 510-885-3000