They just changed my computer and I can no longer access my campus computer from home via VPN. How do I change my computer name so that I can access it from home?
A. Identifying your Campus Computer Name
1. Right click My Computer and click Properties.
2. In the System Properties window, click the Computer Name tab.
3. Write down your Full Computer Name making sure that you include ".ad.csueastbay.edu"
Note: The computer name is case sensitive and there are no spaces in the computer name. Write it down exactly as it is written or select (highlight) it and copy the name to the Clipboard (right-click and choose Copy).
B. Configure VPN Settings on Campus Computer
You must use Internet Explorer as your web browser.
1. Go to http://access.csueastbay.edu
2. Type your NetID and password and click Login.
3. Under the Terminal Sessions area, locate the terminal session that represents the computer name you need to change and click on the Item Properties icon (next to the trash can).
4. In the Settings section, in the Host text box, replace the existing text with your new computer name.
5. Click Save Changes.
Last Updated 19th April 2012 09:11:18 am
Print this page
Email this page
Post a comment
Add to favorites
Edit this Article
Export to PDF
Copyright 2008 California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved. • 25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard, Hayward, CA 94542 • phone 510-885-3000