Audio/Sound produces errors and does not work on Dell Latitude E6400, E5400, E4200 series laptops
The IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio drivers from Dell have a bug. Need to uninstall the "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" in Device Manager
1. Start => Control Panel => Device Manager
Note: Make sure to use Icon view [upper right]
2. Find and click the arrow next to "Sound, video and game controller"
3. Check to see if culprit device is listed "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" as well as "High Definition Audio Device"
4. Right Click on "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC"
5. Select "Uninstall"
6. Make sure there is a check in the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device."
7. Click OK
8. Restart Computer
Bad Audio Driver
Last Updated 08th April 2014 01:57:40 pm
Print this page
Email this page
Post a comment
Add to favorites
Edit this Article
Export to PDF
Copyright 2008 California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved. • 25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard, Hayward, CA 94542 • phone 510-885-3000